How do I add a new e-mail account in Outlook Express?
Before you can set up additional mailboxes, you must create them on BTinternet. To create additional mailboxes, go to the Multiple Mailboxes page.
- From the Start button, select Programs.
- Go to Internet Explorer and select Outlook Express.
- Click on the Tools menu, and select Accounts.
- Click on the Add button and select Mail.
The set-up wizard starts.
- Type in your real name (this can be anything you like, but is usually your real name. Click Next.
- Type in your e-mail address. Click Next.
- Make sure that the mail server is set to POP3, then fill in the mail server details (mail.btinternet.com for both incoming and outgoing mail). Click Next.
- Type in your e-mail account details, the click Next.
Type in a friendly name (this can be anything you like). Click Next.
Tick the "Connect using my phone line" box, and select "BTinternet" in the "Use the following Dial-up Networking connection" list. Click Next, then click Finish.
- Pop Account Name: your e-mail name (the bit before @btinternet.com)
- Password: Your e-mail password (this is case sensitive)